Our keto-approved loaded cauliflower soup is reminiscent of a loaded potato—think lots of crispy bacon slices, leek, rich sour cream, and cheddar cheese. If you’re in need of a comforting and easy-to-whip-up soup for those colder winter months, look no further.
Unlike a regular loaded baked potato, this soup is lower in carbs and replaces the starchy potato with light and flavorsome cauliflower, which makes for a healthier meal. Cauliflower has a delicate flavor but adds some much-needed fiber, which can be necessary when accompanied by the amount of dairy you’re adding in.
Don’t forget to saute the bacon slices until just crispy (but not burnt) and set them aside but leave the bacon fat, which will impart incredible flavor to the mirepoix (carrots, onions, and celery mix). Once all the ingredients are added in, make sure you blend it well with an immersion blender, or a regular food processor to incorporate all the cauliflower and vegetables together—the last thing you want is the occasional cauliflower chunk in every mouthful.
The best part of this soup is the toppings, and this isn’t the time to skimp on the cheese! Apart from adding color, sprinkling the crispy bacon, remaining cheese, and generous amounts of spring onion provides a lovely contrast in texture and crunch.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup
- 6 ounce bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium leek, sliced
- 1 ounce celery, chopped
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium green onion, sliced for garnish
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. Turn the instant pot to “saute” mode and add the bacon into the pot. Cook the bacon, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel and set aside, leaving as much bacon fat in the instant pot as possible.
3. Add the leek, celery, and garlic to the bacon fat. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth into the pot to deglaze the bottom, scraping as needed. Then add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the manual function to high and cook for 5 minutes (this will take additional time to come to pressure).
5. Once finished, allow the pressure to release naturally. Once depressurized, add in the sour cream and cheddar cheese.
6. Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is smooth and has as few lumps as possible.
Optional: Depending on your macro needs, you can add 1-2 scoops of unflavored protein powder here. This can bolster the protein in the macros and also thicken the soup some more.
7. Serve the soup garnished with bacon and green onion. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup. Each serving comes out to be 552 calories, 44.7g fats, 8.7g net carbs, and 27.1g protein.
|6.00 ounce bacon||907||79.4||0||0||0||45.4|
|0.50 medium leek||14||0.1||3.4||0.5||2.9||0.4|
|1.00 ounce celery||5||0.1||0.8||0.5||0.4||0.2|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 cup chicken broth||45||1.6||3.3||0||3.3||4.8|
|1.00 medium cauliflower||132||2.9||23.6||13.2||10.4||10.4|
|0.75 cup sour cream||342||33.4||8||0||8||4.2|
|1.50 cup cheddar cheese||742||61.2||5.7||0||5.7||42|
|2.00 medium green onion||10||0.1||2.2||0.8||1.4||0.5|
|Per Serving (/4)||552||44.7||12.5||3.8||8.7||27.1|