With the holidays coming up, I thought it would be a good idea to start working on some holiday inspired recipes. My first cookie recipe this season is a moist and soft keto gingersnap cookie.
This was the closest I could get to a real tasting gingersnap cookie without adding real molasses. The outside of the cookie looks and feels hard, but when you take a bite you can taste the soft buttery middle. Yum!
I made these cookies smaller in size, and I prefer them that way. If you want a crispier cookie, then you can make them larger. These won’t puff up like softer cookies, so keep that in mind when shaping them.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
2. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients of melted unsalted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until combined. The cookie batter will be slightly stiff and crumbly.
4. Use a tablespoon to measure out each cookie. Flatten the top of each cookie with a spatula or just use your fingers.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F or until they’re lightly browned on top.
This makes a total of 24 servings of Gingersnap Cookies. Each cookie comes out to be 77.88 Calories, 7.13g Fats, 0.81g Net Carbs, and 2.33g Protein.
|Gingersnap Cookies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups almond flour||1360||120||40.01||24||16.01||48|
|¼ cup unsalted butter||407||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|1 cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||7.03|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|2 teaspoons ground ginger||12||0.15||2.58||0.5||2.08||0.32|
|¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg||3||0.2||0.27||0.1||0.17||0.03|
|¼ teaspoon ground cloves||1||0.07||0.34||0.2||0.14||0.03|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon||2||0.01||0.52||0.3||0.22||0.03|