These little cups of fun may look sweet an unassuming, but they pack quite a punch! These are fun to make for parties, but unlike other gelled shots you may run into at the celebration – they are made with erythritol instead of sugar.
The ones pictured are 2 ounce shots because of the size cups I used. You can also find 1 ounce cups and extend the recipe to 20 servings.
Not a fan of rum? Feel free to substitute other low carb alcohol types. Check out our article on keto friendly alcohols for more ideas. You can also play around with the flavorings by using different extracts. There are some really nice natural extract packages available with various fruits and other flavors. I think substituting the water for brewed coffee would also be fantastic.
For the photographs I dressed them up with fresh whipped cream and raspberries. I think the whipped cream really helps cut through the strong alcohol flavors, plus adds some fat, so give it a shot! (No pun intended…)
Remember that alcohol will slow the weight loss process down, but is okay as an occasional treat. You can also read more on the ketogenic diet and alcohol in our article!
Yields 10 servings of keto gelatin rum shots
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes (.5-ounces) unflavored gelatin
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ⅓ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 cup 80 proof rum
- Optional toppings: fresh whipped cream, raspberries, unsweetened coconut
- Containers: I used these 2 ounce containers with lids. They’re great because you can stack them.
1. Heat up half the cup of water in a mixing bowl until the water is quite is hot. Pour in the two envelopes of unflavored gelatin and mix well. Stir in the other half cup of water and allow to cool. You don’t want the liquid to cool so much that it starts firming up, but you don’t want to add the alcohol to the mixture while it’s hot.
2. Mix in the ½ teaspoon of coconut extract, and ⅓ cup of powdered erythritol. Check the taste and add more erythritol if you think you will need it.
3. Stir in the rum.
4. Pour the liquid into the containers you want to use. Place in the fridge for about an hour and allow to firm up.
5. You can serve these plain, or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Keto Gelatin Rum Shots. Each serving comes out to be 55.4 Calories, 0g Fats, 0g Net Carbs, and 0.8g Protein.
|Keto Gelatin Rum Shots||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 envelopes (.5-ounces) unflavored gelatin||40||0||0||0||0||8|
|½ teaspoon coconut extract||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|⅓ cup powdered erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup 80 proof rum||514||0||0||0||0||0|