This is a luxurious fish casserole with capers, a creamy lemony white sauce, served on a bed of vegetables. I used wild Alaskan cod in this recipe, but any type of white fish such as bass, grouper, halibut would work also.
Before pulling out of the oven, make sure the fish is cooked thoroughly by making sure it is flakey but be sure to not overcook it! Overcooked fish just doesn’t taste right.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Fish Casserole
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce broccoli
- 5 ounce spinach
- 6 medium green onion
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing dish
- 24 ounce white fish
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure and prepare all ingredients. Grease a baking dish with butter and preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut broccoli into small florets, keeping the stem pieces.
3. Place the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the broccoli and cook until fork-tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the spinach to the broccoli and allow to wilt for 45-60 seconds.
4. Once the spinach is wilted, add the green onions and capers to the pan. Saute for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables to the greased baking dish. Place the fish on top of the vegetables, covering the sides of the fish with the vegetables.
6. Mix together the heavy cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and chopped parsley well. Pour over the top of the fish and vegetables, then top with slices of butter. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until fish is flakey.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Fish Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 770 calories, 59.1g fat, 8.8g net carbs, and 51.1g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|5.00 ounce spinach||33||0.4||5.3||3.4||1.9||4.2|
|6.00 medium green onion||29||0.2||6.6||2.3||4.2||1.6|
|2.00 tablespoon capers||4||0.2||0.8||0.6||0.3||0.4|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|24.00 ounce white fish||871||18.4||0||0||0||176.9|
|1.25 cup heavy cream||1012||107.1||8||0||8||8.3|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|1.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|6.00 tablespoon butter||610||69||0.1||0||0.1||0.7|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0.0||0||0||0.0|
|Per Serving (/4)||770||59.1||14.6||5.8||8.8||51.1|