There’s someone out there eating plain salad, with the worlds saddest most boring dressing, and I am here to save the day! Who cares about lettuce, I want the maximum number of flavor and toppings and I want it all without busting my macro’s for the day. This crunchy Thai style chicken salad bowl is the answer.
We take the time to marinate the chicken in garlic, ginger, chili, lemongrass, lime juice, and fish sauce. Then we nestle it on top of a cabbage heavy salad with mint and cilantro. Don’t forget to save half of the marinade, because we use it as the base for salad dressing – launching this awesome lunch into the stratosphere of deliciousness.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad Bowl
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- ½ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 8 ounces (2-pieces) chicken breasts
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- 2/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Note: This recipe will be enough for 3-4 appetizers or 2 regular meals.
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Mix together the garlic, ginger, red chili, lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce, and coconut aminos to create the marinade. Use a mortar and pestle to crush the ingredients together.
2. Use a meat mallet to evenly flatten the chicken breasts. Transfer to a bowl then add half of the marinade, making sure that the chicken is evenly coated. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
3. In a bowl mix together both cabbages, carrot, mint, cilantro, and chives.
4. Spread the almonds out across a baking tray then roast for 6-10 minutes. When they’re done set them aside.
5. Grill the chicken using a griddle pan or a BBQ. Cook through then set aside for a few minutes before slicing.
6. Mix the second half of the marinade with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the dressing with the salad then serve with the chicken and roasted almonds.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 481 Calories, 32.9g Fats, 12.9g Net Carbs, and 31.5g Protein.
|Keto Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad Bowl||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 clove garlic||4.5||0||1||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|1 tablespoon grated ginger||5.5||0.1||1.2||0.1||1.1||0.1|
|1 small red chilli||6||0.1||1.3||0.2||1.1||0.8|
|½ stalk lemongrass||14||0.2||2.5||0||2.5||0.2|
|2 tablespoon fresh lime juice||7.7||0||2.6||0.1||2.5||0.1|
|1 teaspoon fish sauce||2.1||0||0.2||0||0.2||0.3|
|1 tablespoon coconut aminos||12||0||3||0||3||0|
|8 ounces (2-pieces) chicken breasts||272||5.9||0||0||0||51|
|½ cup shredded red cabbage||22||0.1||5.2||2||3.2||1.1|
|½ cup shredded green cabbage||17||0.1||4.1||1.4||2.7||0.9|
|2/3 cup grated carrot||30||0.2||7.1||2.1||5||0.7|
|1 tablespoon chopped mint||1.6||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.1|
|½ cup chopped cilantro||1.8||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|1 tablespoon chopped chives||0.9||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|¼ cup blanched almonds||206||18||7.2||3.8||3.4||7.2|
|3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil||358||41||0||0||0||0|