This low-carb salmon dish is creamy and rich, yet completely guilt-free! Cooking juicy, tender salmon is more straightforward than expected with this fool-proof recipe that is quick and easy to whip up.
All fish, like salmon, are keto-friendly and virtually carb-free. It is also one of the easiest proteins to prepare and cook, making it a favored protein option amongst many on the keto diet. Salmon is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help promote brain health, B vitamins, and antioxidants.
This recipe calls for the salmon fillets to be lightly seared in a pan to lock in the juices and get a slightly crispy exterior. It pairs perfectly with the fragrant, creamy sauce to enhance the natural umami flavors of all of the ingredients.
The heavy cream and parmesan cheese give that cheesy, rich flavor. Feel free to substitute the parmesan with a cheese of your liking. You can also replace the vegetable broth with plain water if you are watching your sodium intake or chicken broth.
Don’t forget to add in the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley to give that extra savory kick while also bringing the Tuscan elements to the recipe. This creamy Tuscan salmon dish can be eaten by itself and over steamed or roasted vegetables like cauliflower or zucchini noodles to make it keto-friendly.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- 24 ounce salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 5 teaspoon fresh garlic, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounce baby spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium to high heat in a frying pan. Sear the salmon on both sides for about 5 minutes or until they are cooked thoroughly. Once cooked, remove salmon from the pan and set aside.
3. Melt the butter using the same pan. Add the diced garlic and stir together.
4. Add in the onion and cook until it’s translucent.
5. Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine well.
6. Now, add in the vegetable broth and let everything cook for a few minutes until everything simmers down.
7. Add in the heavy cream and stir to combine well. Cook for a few minutes until the mixture starts to get thicker.
8. Add the spinach into the frying pan and cook until it is wilty, then add the parmesan cheese. Combine well and let this cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
9. While the frying pan is still on the heat, add in the salmon to let the salmon get hot again.
10. Top with parsley.
11. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Creamy Tuscan Salmon. Each serving comes out to be 918 calories, 71.5g fat, 7.7g net carbs, and 58.3g protein.
|24.00 ounce salmon||1402||84||0||0||0||150.4|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|5.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||21||0.1||4.7||0.3||4.4||0.9|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|0.33 cup vegetable broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.2|
|3.00 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes||26||0.3||5.7||1.3||4.4||1.4|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|6.00 ounce baby spinach||39||0.7||6.2||3.7||2.4||4.9|
|0.25 cup parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/3)||918||71.5||9.8||2||7.7||58.3|