Creamy, delicious, low-carb, and gluten-free? While it might sound too good to be true, this creamy lemon chicken dish is the real deal.
This dish is light, fragrant, and can be served in one pan. Tender chicken breasts lie atop a bed of cauliflower rice, the perfect accompaniment to the lean- and clean-tasting protein.
Chicken breasts are a popular keto protein option. Chicken is considered a lean protein and is low in carbs but high in protein and vitamins, contributing to muscle growth, a healthy immune system, and even beneficial for weight management. It’s also very versatile and easy to cook and absorbs any dish’s flavor and spices well.
Chicken breast is lower in fat than other parts of the chicken, but if you aren’t strictly counting macros or concerned about your fat intake, feel free to keep the skin on or even use chicken thighs. Lemon works incredibly well with the creamy, rich sauce and adds a zesty kick that cuts through the fat.
Cauliflower rice works well in this dish as even though cauliflower is a vegetable, the subtly sweet taste can be blended in with different flavors. When eaten in a rice form, it compliments all protein sources.
While this creamy lemon chicken dish tastes the best freshly served, you can easily store any leftovers in the fridge and use them within several days. Enjoy!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 12 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 400 gram cauliflower, riced
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise to get skinny chicken breasts.
3. Coat the chicken breasts in almond flour and season with salt and pepper.
4. Over medium heat, in a skillet add the chicken breasts over the butter. Cook the chicken on both sides for 3 – 5 minutes. When done, remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
5. In the same skillet on simmer, add the chicken broth, minced garlic, fresh thyme, and riced cauliflower. Stir together until combined well. Leave this to simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Take the skillet off of the burner and stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice.
7. Place the skillet back on the burner and add back in the chicken to warm it up a bit.
8. Top the chicken with lemon slices. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Lemon Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 352 calories, 22.3g fat, 4.5g net carbs, and 31.1g protein.
|12.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast||561||12||0.0||0||0.0||105.5|
|0.33 cup almond flour||214||18.5||8.1||4.8||3.3||7.8|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 tablespoon butter||305||34.5||0||0||0||0.4|
|0.50 cup chicken broth||7||0.3||0.6||0||0.6||0.8|
|4.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh thyme||2||0||1||0.3||0.3||0.1|
|400.00 gram cauliflower||92||2||16.4||9.2||7.2||7.2|
|4.00 tablespoon heavy cream||202||21.4||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|2.00 tablespoon lemon juice||5||0||1.7||0.2||1.5||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||352||22.3||8.2||3.7||4.5||31.1|