This chicken pot pie, chicken soup hybrid is ultra comforting, creamy, and moreish. Containing all the classic ingredients in a chicken pot pie, this soup can be made in under 30 minutes and is gluten-free, low-carb, and packed full of herbs.
An instant pot is a must-have for any time-conscious cook. You can throw a lot of ingredients into the pot and leave it to cook while you go to work, complete your chores, or go on with your daily life. Sauteing the mix of onion, celery, and carrot with the butter in the instant pot until they turn tender coaxes out the natural sweetness and depth of flavor in the vegetables. Don’t forget to add in the bay leaves, garlic, and thyme into the soup for an extra dimension of taste and extra chicken-pot-pie recipe.
A regular chicken pot pie has copious amounts of creamy broth for that luxurious mouth feel, and this soup also has good amounts of heavy cream and cream cheese to make it extra thick and rich. You can replace the chicken thighs with chicken breasts if preferred, but don’t forget to take out the cooked chicken and shred it thoroughly so you can get chicken in every bite.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ounce celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounce cream cheese
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Set the Instant Pot to “saute” mode and add the butter. Once melted and bubbling, add in the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Saute until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Once aromatics are cooked, pour in the chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
4. Add in the chicken, bay leaves, and dried thyme then close the Instant Pot and cook on manual ‘high’ for 18 minutes.
5. Once the timer is done, allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 5 minutes. Then, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred. Set aside.
6. Add the heavy cream and cream cheese to the instant pot and mix well into the soup, breaking up any pieces of cream cheese.
7. Add the chicken back into the pot and turn to saute mode to heat up if needed. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve once hot – enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Each serving comes out to be 621 calories, 52.4g fats, 6.4g net carbs, and 33.8g protein.
|24.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||973||60.8||0||0||0||115.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 small onion||24||0.1||5.6||1||4.6||0.8|
|4.00 ounce celery||18||0.2||3.4||1.8||1.6||0.8|
|1.00 medium carrot||16||0.1||3.8||1.4||2.4||0.4|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|2.00 cup chicken broth||30||1.1||2.2||0||2.2||3.2|
|2.00 whole bay leaf||6||0.2||1.5||0.5||1||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon dried thyme||3||0.1||0.8||0.4||0.3||0.1|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|4.00 ounce cream cheese||388||38.6||4.7||0||4.7||7|
|Per Serving (/4)||621||52.4||7.8||1.4||6.4||33.8|