When this was first made for me, I didn’t believe that the peanut butter would add anything of value to this dish – in fact, I thought it would take away from the taste. Boy was I wrong. The peanut butter adds that sweet element that plays so great with all of the rich and savory notes of the dish. The pepperjack cheese adds just a small hint of spice after each bite – which is a perfect addition.
This is a fantastic option for a brunch or a heavy breakfast if you’re the type that skips lunch. It’s a little bit calorie dense, but will definitely keep you going throughout the day. You can optionally sub out the re-hydrated PB Fit for regular peanut butter (natural/no sugar added) of your choice.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Breakfast Burger
- 4 oz. Sausage (2 oz. per serving)
- 2 oz. Pepperjack Cheese
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. PB Fit Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Start by cooking the bacon. Lay the strips (however many you want) on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
2. Mix together butter and PB Fit powder in a small container to re-hydrate. Set aside.
3. Form the sausage patties and cook them in a pan over medium-high heat. Flip when the bottom side is browned.
4. Grate the cheese and have it ready.
5. Once the other side of the sausage patty is browned, add cheese and cover with a cloche or lid.
6. Remove sausage patties with melted cheese and set aside. Fry an egg over easy in the same pan.
7. Assemble everything together: sausage patty, egg, bacon, and rehydrated PB Fit on top. Enjoy!
This makes 2 servings of the Keto Breakfast Burger. Each serving comes out to be 655 Calories, 56g Fats, 3g Net Carbs, and 30.5g Protein.
|Keto Breakfast Burger||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|4 oz. Sausage||360||30||2||0||2||18|
|2 oz. Pepperjack Cheese||220||18||2||0||2||14|
|4 slices Bacon||460||42||0||0||0||14|
|2 large Eggs||140||10||1||0||1||12|
|1 tbsp. Butter||100||11||0||0||0||0|
|1 tbsp. PB Fit||28||1||2||1||1||3|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /2 )||655||56||3.5||0.5||3||30.5|