I based this recipe for the breadsticks on the same dough that’s used in both the Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza and the Keto Roti John. This dough is extremely versatile and I’m sure will help a lot of people on their quest to finding a lot of substitute replacements on keto.
Today I decided to do breadsticks in three different ways: Italian style, extra cheesy, and cinnamon sugar. Two savory flavors which taste absolutely delicious just dipped in some tomato sauce (I use Rao’s), and one sweet flavor which tastes fantastic dipped in a cream cheese buttercream (1 oz. Cream Cheese, 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream, and 1 tbsp. Swerve Sweetener).
These little treats will be perfect for the upcoming Super Bowl, and will go great dipped in just about anything. If you’ve been missing cheesy breadsticks or cinna-stix from your local pizza place, these will really keep those cravings at bay.
Note: The ingredient list for each type of breadsticks are if you use an entire batch of dough for that type of breadstick. If you want to make all three types with one batch of dough like I did, you will have to use 1/3 of all of the ingredients for each breadstick flavoring.
Yields 24 Keto Breadsticks
Bread Stick Base
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, (8 oz.)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Mix together egg and cream cheese until slightly combined. Set aside.
3. Measure out the mozzarella cheese and microwave in 20 second intervals. Stir the cheese each time you take it out of the microwave and continue microwaving until sizzling.
4. Add the egg, cream cheese, and dry ingredients into the mozzarella cheese and mix together.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough together. Once it is combined, set on a silpat.
6. Press the dough flat until you have a full baking sheet worth of dough. Transfer the dough to some foil so that you can use a pizza cutter on it. Knives and sharp objects should never be used on a silpat!
7. Cut the dough and season per ingredients above.
8. Bake 13-15 minutes on top rack until crisp.
9. Serve while warm! You can serve the savory breadsticks with some marinara and the sweet breadsticks with some cream cheese buttercream.
This yields 6 servings of 4 Keto Breadsticks. Per serving:
- Italian Style: 238 Calories, 18.8g Fats, 2.6g Net Carbs, and 12.8g Protein.
- Extra Cheesy: 314 Calories, 24.7g Fats, 3.6g Net Carbs, and 18g Protein.
- Cinnamon Sugar: 291.7 Calories, 24.3g Fats, 3.3g Net Carbs, and 13g Protein.
|Keto Breadsticks||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (~8 oz.)||679||51||4||0||4||50|
|3/4 cup Almond Flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder||34||0||8||7||1||0|
|3 tbsp. Cream Cheese (~1.5 oz.)||150||14||1||0||1||3|
|1 large Egg||70||6||0||0||0||6|
|1 tsp. Baking Powder||2||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|Italian Style||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Pepper||5||0||1||1||0||0|
|Totals Per Serving ( /6 )||237.7||18.8||5.4||2.8||2.6||12.8|
|Extra Cheesy||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1 tsp. Garlic Powder||10||0||2||0||2||0|
|1 tsp. Onion Powder||10||0||2||0||2||0|
|3 oz. Cheddar Cheese||342||28||1||0||1||21|
|1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese||108||7||1||0||1||10|
|Totals Per Serving ( /6 )||314.2||24.7||6.3||2.7||3.6||18.0|
|Cinnamon Sugar||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|3 tbsp. Butter||300||33||0||0||0||0|
|2 tbsp. Cinnamon||35||0||11||7||4||1|
|Totals Per Serving ( /6 )||291.7||24.3||7.1||3.8||3.3||13.0|