Keto biscuits and breadsticks are so great for those times when you need something to curb your cravings for the carb-laden real thing. That’s why I love this variation on a buttery cheddar biscuit. It’s in bite-sized stick form! It’s got all the flavors of the popular cheddar and herb biscuit you can get at a certain seafood restaurant, but with a crispy crumble that is great for dunking in soups or even tossing on a keto salad.
I invited my family over to test out this recipe and I couldn’t keep them out of the kitchen! They were so surprised at how quick and easy these bites come together with very few ingredients. The aroma was the real selling point, filling the entire kitchen with the scent of freshly baked cheddar biscuits. I think I may have turned them on to low carb baking! My non-keto parents loved them so much they took the leftovers and used them in their soup the following day.
These little bites can be formed into any shape your heart desires. I chose to pipe them with a pastry bag and then score them with the tines of a fork to make them thin and a little crispy. You could also pipe them and let them puff up to be more like a breadstick. No piping bag? Feel free to roll these flat, cut into squares and bake for an Italian style cracker!
Yields 5 servings with 9 sticks per serving of Garlic and Herb Breadstick Bites
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
2. Stir in almond flour, minced garlic, chives, coconut flour, and egg white. The dough should be soft and not dry or crumbly.
3. Add the dough to a pastry bag or large plastic bag, and cut about 1 inch from the tip.
4. Pipe the dough onto a baking sheet into 3-inch strips.
5. Using the tines of a fork, gently flatten each strip.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or let cool completely for a crispy stick!
This makes a total of 5 serving, 9 sticks per serving, of Garlic and Herb Breadstick Bites. Each serving comes out to be 135.2 Calories, 4.18g Fat, 2.36g Net Carbs, and 5.43g Protein.
|Garlic and Herb Breadstick Bites||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ounces cream cheese, softened||198||19.53||3.13||0||3.13||3.49|
|1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese||112||9.22||0.54||0||0.54||6.88|
|1/2 cup almond flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 teaspoon dried chives||0||0||0.04||0||0.04||0.01|
|1 tablespoon coconut flour||25||1.5||4||3||1||1|
|1 large egg white, slightly beaten||17||0.06||0.24||0||0.24||3.6|