If you’ve been dairy free and struggling to find a keto treat that doesn’t include dairy, this is the pie for you! Decadent and dreamy, melt in your mouth creamy chocolate pie with a hint of vanilla and coconut to satisfy your dessert needs without the dairy.
This pie is so silky that your friends and family won’t believe it’s dairy free! The main ingredient is coconut cream, which can lend a flavor of coconut, but it is paired perfectly with 70% dark chocolate that is both keto friendly and vegan. With the addition of sea salt and almond butter, this dessert freezes solid but melts quickly into a silky cream pie.
When preparing your coconut cream, it’s helpful to put the cans of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator a full day before you are making the pie. I like to keep a few cans chilled at all times for an occasion that may call for coconut cream! Another tip is to flip the can upside down before opening. By opening the can at the opposite end, you can easily drain off the coconut milk and are left with the pure cream, which is what we used in this recipe.
This pie sets up perfectly in the freezer but will take a little time to soften before serving. It will take longer to set in the refrigerator but will keep at the perfect consistency if you can wait. This recipe can also be vegan by swapping out the ghee in the crust for vegan butter!
Yields 8 servings of Dairy Free Keto Chocolate Silk Pie
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans chilled coconut milk, liquid discarded
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 4 ounces low-carb dark chocolate
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, to garnish
*Note: Ghee (butter with the milk solids removed) can still be considered dairy, so if you’re highly allergic to dairy, I’d recommend replacing the ghee with avocado oil, mct oil, or refined coconut oil instead.
1. In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream, sweetener, vanilla, and almond butter until they’re completely melted together.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted.
3. Refrigerate the mixture while you prepare the crust.
4. Whisk or sift the flours, sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum.
5. Using a fork, cut in the ghee until the mixture is crumbly and beginning to resemble dough.
6. Add half the water and knead into dough. If it’s looking dry, add more water so the mixture is sticky to the touch.
7. Press into a pie tin and bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the edges brown.
8. Once the crust is baked, pour the chocolate filling into the pie tin and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
9. Slice the pie and serve cold. Refrigerate any leftovers!
This makes a total of 8 servings of Dairy Free Keto Chocolate Silk Pie. Each serving comes out to be 421 Calories, 41.31g Fat, 6.6g Net Carbs, and 8.7g Protein.
|Dairy Free Chocolate Silk Pie||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 (13.5-ounce) cans coconut milk||1503||162.69||21.43||0||21.43||15.41|
|1/2 cup almond butter||768||69.38||23.5||12.9||10.6||26.2|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/4 cup granulated erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4 ounces low-carb dark chocolate||120||12.1||13||10||3||2|
|1 cup almond flour||640||56||24||12||12||24|
|2 tablespoons coconut flour||60||2||8||5||3||2|
|2 tablespoons granulated erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon xanthan gum||10||0||2.3||0||2.3||0|
|2 tablespoons ghee||255||28.3||0||0||0||0|
|Per Servings (/8)||421||41.31||11.59||4.99||6.6||8.7|