Looking for that perfect side dish for your steak, pork, or chicken? These crispy zucchini nests go with pretty much anything and are incredibly easy to make.
This recipe is great, especially if you are able to find already pre-spiralized zucchini! Both prep time and cook time are fairly quick, making it a suitable meal for anyone on-the-go. You can fill these nests with pretty much anything but today we used bacon, onions, and cheese for a perfect side dish.
Yields 6 two nest servings of Crispy Zucchini Nests
- 3 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spiralize three zucchini with a spiral slicer.
2. Form the zucchini into 12 bunches on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow the zucchini to form it’s natural spiral shape.
3. Sprinkle garlic powder over all the nests.
4. Open up the middle of the nests and place the cheese, bacon, and onions inside.
5. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes then broil for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the top of the zucchini has browned.
6. Take them out from the oven and serve with a scoop of sour cream on the top!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Crispy Zucchini Nests. Each serving comes out to be 130.83 Calories, 9.88g Fats, 4.27g Net Carbs, and 5.97g Protein.
|Crispy Zucchini Nests||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 medium (588 g) zucchini||100||1.88||18.29||5.9||12.39||7.11|
|¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese||114||9.41||0.87||0||0.87||6.46|
|¼ cup (40 g) chopped onion||16||0.04||3.74||0.7||3.04||0.44|
|6 slices cooked bacon||260||20.05||0.69||0||0.69||17.78|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0.02||2.25||0.3||1.95||0.51|
|12 tablespoons sour cream||285||27.86||6.67||0||6.67||3.51|