Sometimes we just need dinner in a rush, but there’s never an excuse to sacrifice taste, nutrients, or your diet for a fast answer. I got this meal done in just under 25 minutes from prep to plate. It’s extremely fast, extremely tasty, and easy to do!
Just remember that vegetables are still necessary on a ketogenic diet, and the micronutrients inside are vital to us. So, you might be wondering why there’s 7g Net Carbs per serving? Well all that broccoli really adds up in the carb counts – don’t worry, we need it!
I know some of you guys might not really be wine drinkers, and neither am I. But, picking up a “decent” quality bottle of wine (around the $10-$15 range) is my favorite to cook with – which just shows how little of a wine drinker I am. I’ve tried some of the cheaper bottles, and even cooking wines, and the flavor never comes out as good. Wine can really add a huge amount of flavor, or even completely change the flavor profile of a dish. So, having a decent quality wine around really helps.
It’s a tad protein heavy, so what I normally do (and you can too if it fits into your macros) is slab a pat of butter on the top and let it melt into the sauce at the bottom. It gives a beautiful rich flavor to the sauce when it’s finished.
I also just wanted to say thank you for visiting the website! Let me know how you like it or what twists you put on it 🙂
Yields 3 servings of Chicken and Bacon Sausage Stir-Fry
- 4 links cheddar & bacon chicken sausages
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup Rao’s tomato sauce
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Slice your 4 Bacon & Cheddar Chicken Sausages into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices. I’m using Savory Kitchen brand pre-cooked sausages for this. They say it’s all natural and gluten free, but checking the ingredients on the back – some of you may not be happy with what’s inside. There’s a couple of chemicals in there. There’s always going to be a tradeoff between budget and clean eating, so I’ll take the budget route when I have to.
2. Start heating up water in a pan for your broccoli on high heat. You want to bring this to a boil before adding the broccoli.
3. Add your sliced sausage to a pan on high heat. Keep them there until they start sizzling a lot.
4. Add your 3 Cups Broccoli Florets to the boiling water and let it cook for 3-5 minutes depending on how you like it done. I normally do it for around 3 and a half minutes to keep the broccoli pretty hard. When we add it to the sausages later, it will cook a bit more and soak up some more flavor.
5. Once your broccoli is finished, drain the water and set aside.
6. Stir and flip the sausages so that they can brown on the other side.
7. Once the sausages have browned, move them to one side of the pan. On the empty side of the pan, add your 2 Tbsp. Butter.
8. Once the butter has started to melt, add 2 tsp. Minced Garlic and sautee it in the butter for 1 minute or until browned.
9. Stir the garlic, butter, and chicken sausages together well.
10. Add your broccoli to the sausages and mix the butter onto the broccoli.
11. Add 1/2 Cup Rao’s Tomato Sauce, 1/4 Cup Red Wine, and 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes to the broccoli and sausage.
12. Mix the sauce together well with the broccoli and sausage.
13. Add 3 Cups of Raw Spinach to the top of the dish. Slowly stir it in as it wilts down.
14. Continue stirring in the spinach as it wilts, and then simmer for 5-10 minutes, allowing the wine to cook down.
15. Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Chicken and Bacon Sausage Stir Fry. Each serving comes out to be 463 Calories, 29.84g Fats, 9.97g Net Carbs, and 34.03g Protein.
Keep in mind that the high carb count is from all of the vegetables, which are stil very important in keto!
|Chicken and Bacon Sausage Stir Fry||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 links cheddar & bacon chicken sausages||720||44||8||4||4||76|
|3 cups broccoli florets||90||0.98||17.53||6.9||10.63||7.44|
|2 tablespoons salted butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic||8||0.03||1.85||0.1||1.75||0.36|
|½ cup Rao’s tomato sauce||80||7||4||1||3||1|
|¼ cup red wine||50||0||1.53||0||1.53||0.04|
|½ teaspoon red pepper flakes||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|
|3 cups spinach||21||0.35||3.27||2||1.27||2.57|
|½ cup Parmesan cheese||210||13.92||6.96||0||6.96||14.21|
|½ teaspoon pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|