In honor of National Ice Cream Day (yes, it’s a thing!), I made one of the lowest carb ice creams than I have before. It’s almost pure fat – and it tastes fantastic to boot.
The flavors of the brown butter and heavy cream come together to form an almost caramel type flavor. If you’re familiar with the keto caramel recipe, then you’ll see that this one has some similarities. You brown the butter, add cream, and mix everything together to make a nice syrup-like texture. Adding the pecans gives a slightly salty element, which really brings out the flavor. Though, if you’re a thrill seeker, feel free to add a little bit more salt to your own taste.
Yields 3 servings of Brown Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk (from the carton)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- 25 drops liquid Stevia
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
1. In a pan over low heat, stir butter until melted and begins to turn a deep amber color.
2. Add pecans to a plastic bag and crush pecans.
3. Once butter is browned, add heavy cream, stevia, and pecans. Stir together well.
4. Add coconut milk, butter mixture, and xanthan gum to a container. Then use a whisk to mix everything together.
5. Add mixture to your ice cream machine and run according to manufacturers instructions.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This makes 3 total servings of Brown Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream. Each serving comes out to be 355.33 Calories, 36.39g Fats, 4.48g Net Carbs, and 2.09g Protein.
|Brown Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk, from carton||165||10.5||14.99||4.4||10.59||1.49|
|¼ cup heavy whipping cream||202||21.47||1.63||0||1.63||1.69|
|5 tablespoons butter||509||57.59||0.04||0||0.04||0.6|
|¼ cup crushed pecans||188||19.61||3.78||2.6||1.18||2.5|
|25 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ teaspoon xanthan gum||2||0||0.58||0.58||0||0|