I’m sure this recipe is out there in cyberspace somewhere, but I never found it. I stumbled upon it by trial and error and am I ever happy I did! This is THE best chocolate I’ve had since I first started a keto way of life. The applications are endless and I look forward to all the wonderful things I can make with this stuff. I know it’s a little high on the carb end (if you’re not counting fiber), but for holidays, birthdays, or special occasions, it is perfect. Also, when using it in moderation with fat bombs you won’t find a more delicious treat!
For a non-coconut flavored chocolate, be sure to use expeller pressed coconut oil. If you can’t find it where you buy your coconut oil, you can find it at a health food store or online. Here’s an explanation of what expeller pressed means.
Yields 24 servings (1 ½ cups total) of Best Basic Low Carb Chocolate.
- 1 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup erythritol
1. Measure coconut oil. If oil is hard, I press it down as I add it to the measuring cup. That way by the time the cup is full there are no air pockets. (Go on, use your hand if you have to!)
2. In a double boiler or in a bowl (glass or stainless steel) over a pan of water, melt coconut oil over medium low heat. Do not let bottom of bowl touch the water in the pan.
3. While oil is melting, measure out cocoa and sweetener.
4. In a bowl, combine the two and mix well. This is especially important when using LC-Sweet.
5. Once oil is melted, remove from heat and add sweetener/cocoa mix. Stir well until thoroughly combined. Let cool to desired consistency. To speed things along, you can put it in the fridge, checking and stirring every 5 minutes. At 20 minutes, it’s extremely thick. If it gets too thick for your purposes, you can simply put the bowl back over the pan of water and warm for a minute or two. Stir constantly to control the thickness (otherwise it might get too warm and you’ll have to cool it down again).
This makes 24 Tablespoons with 1 Tablespoon macros as: 99.5 Calories, 10g Fat, 0.8g Net Carbs, 0.7g Protein
|Best Basic Low Carb Chocolate||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup expeller pressed coconut oil||1945||215.95||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder||196||11.78||49.79||31.8||17.99||16.86|
|2/3 cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|