Do you love Reuben sandwiches? I love this adult version of grilled cheese. The classic Reuben piles meat, Swiss, sauerkraut, and dressing between slices of grilled rye bread. For simplicity, we replace the bread with cabbage rolls and turn the whole thing into a delicious casserole.
We included a recipe for Thousand Island dressing, but if you have a premade dressing that you like better then feel free to use it. Just make sure that it’s sugar-free because many of them have added sugar. If you want to take things to the next level, then add some Swiss cheese.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Reuben Cabbage Rolls
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 8 ounces pastrami, chopped up
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup drained sauerkraut
Thousand Island Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and boil some water. Place the cabbage leaves in a large bowl then pour the boiling water over the top. Allow the leaves to sit for 3-5 minutes before removing them. You want the leaves to have a structure to them but be soft enough to manipulate and roll. Set the leaves aside.
2. In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, lemon juice, sriracha, onion powder, salt, and pepper to create the thousand island dressing.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the pastrami, cheese, sauerkraut, and half of the Thousand Island Dressing.
4. Lay a cabbage leaf out on a cutting board. Spoon 1/8 of the meat mixture into the center of the leaf. Roll up like it’s a burrito, then place seam side down into a baking dish. Repeat this step with the rest of the leaves.
5. Spread the rest of the dressing across the top of the cabbage rolls, then place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Reuben Cabbage Rolls. Each serving comes out to be 230.28 Calories, 17.6g Fats, 3.85g Net Carbs, and 12.52g Protein.
|Keto Reuben Cabbage Rolls||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|8 ounces pastrami, chopped up||333||13||0.8||0||0.8||49|
|8 large cabbage leaves||66||0.26||15.31||6.6||8.71||3.38|
|½ cup drained sauerkraut||18||0.1||4||2.7||1.3||0.9|
|1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese||616||45||8.7||0||8.7||44|
|½ cup mayonnaise||748||82||0.6||0||0.6||1.1|
|¼ cup sugar-free ketchup||24||0.1||3.8||0.8||3||0.9|
|1 clove garlic||4.5||0||1||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice||6.7||0.1||2.1||0.1||2||0.1|
|1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce||18||0.2||3.7||0.4||3.3||0.4|
|1 teaspoon onion powder||8||0||1.9||0.4||1.5||0.2|