I am continuing on with the simple keto recipes that are things I’d make every day. I hope you guys are really enjoying the recipes that are simple, but still bring a lot of nutritional content to the table. When it comes to keto, timeliness is great. And you guys definitely made a good case for me when you asked for simplicity 🙂
As most of you know, my favorite mug cake is bacon cheddar chive. It’s the perfect combination of flavor that really play off each other’s tastes. The bacon, slightly sweet it it’s own sense really gives a burst of flavor with the savory eggs and cheese that fill up the middle. The chives that are cooked into the eggs give the perfect amount of sweet onion taste that is missing. All in all, it’s a fantastic breakfast and it only takes a few minutes to make.
In the nutritional information, I intentionally leave out the bacon fat, as I like to cook my bacon fresh for the omelette. I just remove the bacon from the pan and leave the leftover fat that’s in the pan to cook the eggs in. Though I do batch cook bacon a lot, I feel like cooking it fresh just gives the omelette that much more flavor.
Also, if you haven’t heard, my newest slow cooker cookbook (Keto Slow Cooking Made Easy) just came out the other day – super exciting!
When we talk about simplicity, you really can’t get any more simple than throwing some ingredients into a slow cooker and leaving for work – only to return to an amazing aroma and delicious food waiting for you.
Plus, all of the recipes are keto friendly – not tons of high protein chunks of meat thrown in and cooked. I really put a lot of thought into the macros before I made the cookbook. You can take a look at Keto Slow Cooking Made Easy Here.
Yields 1 serving of Bacon Cheddar Chive Omelette
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Make sure that you have all of your ingredients ready to go as the omelette will cook quickly. Shred the cheese, pre-cook the bacon, and have the chives chopped (or use herb scissors if you’re lazy like me).
2. Heat a pan with bacon fat in it to medium-low heat. You want it emitting a decent amount of heat when you hover your hand above the pan. Add the eggs, and season with chives, salt, and pepper.
3. Once the edges are starting to set, add your bacon to the center and let cook for 20-30 seconds longer. Then, turn the heat off on the stove.
4. Add the cheese on top of the bacon, making sure it’s centered. Then, take two edges of the omelette and fold them onto the cheese. Hold the edges there for a moment as the cheese has to partially melt to act as a “glue” to hold them in place.
5. Do the same with the other edges, creating a burrito of sorts, then flip over and let cook in the now warm pan for a little longer.
6. Serve with a bit of extra cheese, bacon, and chives on top if you’d like – but by itself it’s just plain delicious.
This makes 1 serving of Bacon Cheddar Chive Omelette. The macros come out to be 386 Calories, 30.25g Fats, 1.86g Net Carbs, and 24.86g Protein.
|Bacon Cheddar Chive Omelette||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 slices cooked bacon||89||7.01||0.22||0||0.22||5.79|
|1 teaspoon bacon fat||39||4.28||0||0||0||0|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|1 ounces cheddar cheese||115||9.44||0.88||0||0.88||6.48|
|1 teaspoon chopped chives||0||0.01||0.04||0||0.04||0.03|