Gratin is a French cuisine which means the dish is topped with a browned crust, usually cheese, and baked in a small dish of some sort. In this recipe, broccoli and cauliflower cover the bottom of the pan with a creamy middle and is then topped with sausage and cheddar cheese.
The gratin part comes from the creamy middle of the dish and the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Dig into this broccoli cauliflower gratin with sausage for a filling dinner!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Sausage Broccoli Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 medium leek
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 16 ounce broccoli
- 8 ounce cauliflower
- 16 ounce pork sausage, precooked
- 4 tablespoon butter, for frying
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 5 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Chop the leek and onion into fine pieces. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets. Slice the sausage into small bite sized pieces.
3. Add most of the butter to a pan and cook the leek, onion, broccoli, and cauliflower over medium-high heat. Add the remaining butter and sausages in another pan and fry until cooked thoroughly.
4. Add the vegetables in a baking dish.
5. In a bowl, combine the mustard, sour cream, and cream cheese. Stir until combined well. Add this mixture on top of the vegetables in the baking dish.
6. Top with the sausages, cheddar cheese, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Sausage Broccoli Cauliflower Gratin. Each serving comes out to be 564 calories, 47.3g fat, 9.8g net carbs, and 24.1g protein.
|1.00 medium leek||28||0.2||6.8||0.9||5.9||0.7|
|1.00 medium yellow onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|8.00 ounce cauliflower||52||1.1||9.3||5.2||4.1||4.1|
|16.00 ounce pork sausage||1474||123.6||6.4||0||6.4||84.1|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||19||1||1.8||1.3||0.6||1.2|
|0.75 cup sour cream||342||33.4||8||0||8||4.2|
|3.00 ounce cream cheese||291||28.9||3.5||0||3.5||5.2|
|5.00 ounce cheddar cheese||573||47.2||4.4||0||4.4||32.4|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh thyme||2||0||0.4||0.2||0.2||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||564||47.3||13.8||4.0||9.8||24.1|