Totchos are an up and coming dish that has only started building momentum in the last few months. So, what are totchos? They’re deliciously crisp tater tots dressed like nachos – gooey cheese, browned ground beef, and gloriously topped with sour cream, salsa, olives, and jalapenos.
Curiously, totchos have really been on an upswing in 2015. With a search history spiking in early January, totchos have started to be a craving in many households across the US. Of which, the main city to be searching for these? Seattle. With my recent trip there, I saw totchos in many of the dive bars I walked past – and I knew I wanted to make them keto once I laid my eyes upon them.
They’re in a league of their own when it comes to nachos – the crispy Keto Tater Tots really add a depth of flavor and texture that a tortilla chip never brought. If you haven’t tried them yet, now’s the time! And of course, bacon is a welcome addition if you’re feeling like bulking this up a bit.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Tater Tot Nachos
- 2 servings Keto Tater Tots (recipe here)
- 6 oz. Ground Beef (80/20), cooked
- 2 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 6 Black Olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Salsa
- 1/2 medium Jalapeno Pepper, sliced
1. In a small casserole dish or mini cast iron skillet, lay down 9-10 keto tater tots (recipe here).
2. Add 1/2 ground beef, and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Start the second layer with less tater tots, 1/2 of the remaining beef, and 1/2 of the remaining cheese. Repeat with the last of the tater tots. Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes so that the cheese melts.
3. Serve with jalapenos, sour cream, black olives, and salsa. Enjoy!
This makes 2 total servings of Keto Tater Tot Nachos (AKA Totchos). Each serving comes out to be 637 Calories, 52.5g Fats, 5.5g Net Carbs, and 32.3g Protein.
|Keto Tater Tot Nachos||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 servings Keto Tater Tots||497.6||42||17||9||8||20.6|
|6 oz. Ground Beef (80/20)||432||34||0||0||0||29|
|2 oz. Cheddar Cheese||228||19||1||0||1||14|
|2 tbsp. Sour Cream||60||5||1||0||1||1|
|6 Black Olives||50||5||0||0||0||0|
|1 tbsp. Salsa||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 medium Jalapeno Pepper||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /2 )||636.8||52.5||10||4.5||5.5||32.3|