Meatballs are a super popular appetizer, so you certainly won’t be disappointed with these low-carb Slow Cooker Parmesan Meatballs. They’re full of flavor, a bit salty and peppery, and perfect for dipping in the creamy and rich marinara sauce. These Italian-style meatballs can also be served with tender spaghetti squash or other vegetables of your choice.
This recipe is extremely easy to make, and you can even get the kids involved in shaping the meatballs. They’re extremely moreish so keep in mind that you should make a double batch of these meatballs if there is a party on your calendar.
Parmesan cheese, among the most widely used cheeses in the world, is sharp, tangy, and one of the best low-carb ingredients to use in your cooking. Said to have originated from Italy’s Parma region, this cheese has been a staple in European kitchens for centuries. It’s high in protein, fat, and rich in important minerals like calcium, and vitamins B6 and B12.
Enjoy this savory low-carb dish on its own, with the zucchini noodles (zoodles) or served with spaghetti squash noodles. Best of all, busy households can still enjoy this meal. Make the meatballs ahead of time and store it in the fridge if it’s going to be eaten the next day, or freeze them for up to a month.
Yields 24 servings of Keto Slow Cooker Parmesan Meatballs
- 26 ounce ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 56 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 medium bay leaf
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan, beaten egg, and minced garlic.
3. Combine and knead with your clean hands to mix all of the ingredients together well.
4. Using your hands, roll the mixture into meatballs.
5. In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs in and cook until brown in color.
6. Put the cooked meatballs into the slow cooker. Mix together crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, onion, and the bay leaf.
7. Pour the tomato mixture over on top of the meatballs and add in the onion and bay leaf. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on low.
8. Peel the skin of the zucchini off and slice for zoodles.
9. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in olive oil and the zoodles. Cook until tender.
10. Serve the meatballs over top of the zoodles. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 24 servings of Keto Slow Cooker Parmesan Meatballs. Each serving comes out to be 158 calories, 11.6g fat, 4.4g net carbs, and 8.2g protein.
|26.00 ounce ground beef||1872||147.4||0||0||0||126.6|
|0.50 cup shredded mozzarella||168||12.3||1.2||0.0||1.2||12|
|0.50 cup grated parmesan cheese||216||14.3||2.1||0||2.1||19.3|
|1.00 medium egg||67||4.5||0.3||0||0.3||5.9|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.25 cup fresh parsley||5||0.1||1||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|0.25 cup dried basil||30||0.5||6.2||4.9||1.3||3|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh oregano||11||0.2||2.9||1.8||1.1||0.4|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh rosemary||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh thyme||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|0.25 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|56.00 ounce crushed tomatoes||508||4.8||115.9||30.2||85.7||25.4|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 tablespoon tomato paste||40||0.2||9.3||2||7.3||2.1|
|0.50 medium onion||19||0.1||4.4||0.8||3.6||0.6|
|1.00 medium bay leaf||0||0||0||0||0||0|