Are you looking for something nourishing yet easy to make? This recipe might be just what you’ve been searching for. Juicy sausages are combined with crunchy, tender broccoli and a zesty, buttery sauce to create a dish worth returning for seconds.
This recipe suits any type of well-seasoned sausages, but bratwurst or Italian style is recommended for their depth of flavor. The earthy and subtle taste of broccoli pairs well with the sausages and provides a nutritional hit. Broccoli is considered a superfood, is a good source of plant-based protein, and is full of fiber, potassium, selenium, and magnesium.
The sausages are cooked in the garlic butter emulsion, which makes the sausages taste incredible. To further amplify this, poke a few holes in the sausages while simmering with the butter sauce, so the flavor seeps into the rest of the dish.
Blanching the broccoli is a great way to cook it as it ensures the broccoli is tender without being soggy. Feel free to substitute the blanching technique for boiling, steaming, or even roasting your broccoli.
To add an extra spicy kick, don’t forget the hot sauce! A favorite is sriracha, but you can always try other varieties of sauce depending on your taste preference.
Make it look extra beautiful before serving by adding a sprinkle of parsley, salt and pepper, and some additional lemon slices. This dish can be eaten on its own or accompanied by zoodles or cauliflower rice if needed.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Sausages & Garlic Buttered Broccoli
- 16 ounce mild Italian sausage
- 16 ounce broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 5 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice + lemon slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a pot, boil water and cook broccoli for 3 minutes.
3. Drain and transfer the broccoli to a bowl with ice in it. This stops the cooking of the broccoli. Drain this and set aside for later.
4. In a skillet over medium high heat, add water and the Italian sausages to the pan. Cook this with a lid on for about 10 minutes, turning every so often. When the water is evaporated, remove the lid and add half of the butter and half of the minced garlic. Cook for a couple minutes longer. Then, set aside.
5. With the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and lower the heat. Add the broccoli along with the other half of the garlic. Let this cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
6. Add the lemon juice, vegetable broth, and hot sauce to the pan. Let this cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Add the Italian sausages back to the skillet to warm them up again. Stir this together well to let the sauce get soaked up by the sausages.
8. Slice a lemon to serve this sausage garlic buttered broccoli with. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Sausages & Garlic Buttered Broccoli. Each serving comes out to be 478 calories, 39.1g fat, 7.8g net carbs, and 19.6g protein.
|16.00 ounce mild Italian sausage||1397||119.6||10||5||5||64.8|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|3.00 tablespoon butter||305||34.5||0||0||0||0.4|
|5.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||21||0.1||4.7||0.3||4.4||0.9|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup vegetable broth||3||0||0.2||0||0.2||0.1|
|1.00 tablespoon hot sauce||2||0||0.3||0.0||0.2||0.1|
|0.50 cup fresh parsley||11||0.2||1.9||1||0.9||0.9|
|Per Serving (/4)||478||39.1||13.4||5.6||7.8||19.6|