This keto cabbage taco skillet meal can be made in one pan and whipped up quickly for a tasty and nutrient-rich meal that the whole family will enjoy. It will especially be loved if you and your family are fans of tacos. The best part is you can enjoy a Mexican-inspired taco meal without the carbs.
To make this dish, start by browning your ground beef chuck in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Once browned, add the spices, cabbage, and salsa and cook it through until nice and tender, and the flavors have blended into the meat and cabbage. Once the meat, spices, and vegetables are cooked, add some cheese, and let it melt through the dish. And that’s it! A simple but tasty dish with everything you need for a healthy and filling meal.
Once the dish is complete, serve in bowls and top with thinly sliced green onion. If you want to give the dish some extra richness and the flavor of a taco, you can add some sour cream on top and/or extra cheese.
The only left to do is dig in and enjoy. We’re sure this meal will become a regular on your weekly plan.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Cabbage Taco Skillet Meal
- 14 ounce ground beef chuck
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 300 gram green cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 3 tablespoon green onion, sliced + for garnish
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan, cook the ground beef chuck.
3. Once fully cooked, add in the salsa, shredded cabbage, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine well.
4. Cover with a lid and let cook for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
6. Garnish with sour cream and sliced green onions.
7. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Cabbage Taco Skillet Meal. Each serving comes out to be 543 calories, 40.5g fat, 7.5g net carbs, and 31.8g protein.
|14.00 ounce Ground Beef Chuck||992||78||0||0||0||67.3|
|0.50 cup salsa||40||0||8||4||4||0|
|300.00 gram green cabbage||75||0.2||17.4||7.5||9.9||3.8|
|2.00 teaspoon chili powder||15||0.8||2.7||1.9||0.8||0.7|
|2.00 teaspoon cumin||15||0.9||1.8||0.4||1.4||0.7|
|0.75 cup cheddar cheese||371||30.6||2.8||0||2.8||21|
|0.25 cup sour cream||114||11.1||2.7||0||2.7||1.4|
|3.00 tablespoon green onion||6||0||1.4||0.5||0.9||0.3|
|Per Serving (/3)||543||40.5||12.2||4.8||7.5||31.8|