We’ve been posting quite a few enchilada recipes lately, and what can I say, it’s just one of my favorite dishes to eat. This style replaces the tortillas with eggs, and the meat with sausage, creating a great breakfast option. Everything is topped with enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese.
Don’t forget to check the labels for the enchilada sauce when you’re at the store. Mostly will only have a few carbs, but there are some brands that have added sugars or thickeners. You can also make your own at home with a little effort. Just soak some dried California chiles in chicken stock, then blend up with some garlic and salt.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Breakfast Enchiladas
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ground sausage
- ¾ cup enchilada sauce
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat a small skillet over medium heat. You’ll also want to preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Add the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper to a bowl. Whisk together then grease the skillet with coconut oil.
3. Pour ¼ cup portions of the batter into the pan, then cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat this step with the remaining batter to create the rest of the tortillas.
4. Cook the ground sausage well then set aside.
5. Add portions of the sausage and cheese to each tortilla. Roll them up and place them into a casserole dish.
6. Pour the enchilada sauce on top, making sure to cover all the egg.
7. Top with extra cheese then bake for 15 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Breakfast Enchiladas. Each serving comes out to be 524.5 Calories, 42.55g Fats, 6.08g Net Carbs, and 27.3g Protein.
|Keto Breakfast Enchiladas||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 large eggs||429||29||2.2||0||2.2||38|
|¼ cup heavy whipping cream||202||21||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5.2||0||1.2||0.1||1.1||0.3|
|½ teaspoon chili powder||3.8||0.2||0.7||0.5||0.2||0.2|
|8 ounces ground sausage||701||64||2.1||0||2.1||27|
|¾ cup enchilada sauce||72||0||15||3.1||11.9||3|
|1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese||685||56||5.2||0||5.2||39|