My story began when my wife got pregnant and we had twin girls at the age of 44. I’m a local truck driver who works 10-16 hours a day and had diabetes and high blood pressure. My doctor told me that if I ever wanted to walk my daughters down the isle I would have to lose weight otherwise I wouldn’t live long enough to ever see that happen.
I started Keto when I weighed 307lbs 8 months ago and continue to do so till this very day. I no longer have high blood pressure and my diabetes has been eliminated. I currently weigh 210 lbs and I’ve set my goal to reach 185 before Spring of next year. Ruled.me showed me the door but it was up to me to walk through it.
Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Keto community.
1. What tactics did you employ to help you get to your goal? What did you find helped you get to your goals best?
Keep it simple. Find good food ideas that mimic things you are already accustomed to such as pizza, hamburgers, eggs, and work with that.
2. What is the most impactful change you’ve made to your diet and why do you feel it’s been the most important?
The most significant change I made was lowering my total carb intake. Lowering your carbs is a secret to better health overall. As you will soon find out the benefits are amazing.
3. What is the best single piece of advice you can give to someone that is just starting out?
Just allow yourself to adjust to the fact that you were not going to eat as many carbs and you will succeed.
4. How do you feel your life is now that you’re at your goal?
Everything is much easier not having to lift as much weight as before just to move around and your thoughts are so much clearer and focused.
5. What do you consider the biggest change in your day-to-day life?
Not craving food or thinking about your next meal, having energy to do what you need to do without eating or drinking anything.
6. What did you do to find support throughout your journey?
I used my daughter’s well-being as motivation as well as just being around long term for them.
7. What do you currently do to manage your day-to-day diet?
I try to maintain a low carb diet and only eat when I’m hungry.
8. What is your favorite keto recipe from www.ruled.me that’s become a staple?
9. If there is one thing that you could do differently during your journey, what would it be and why?
I wish I had started keto sooner in life. Life is a precious thing to waste being fat. You can accomplish so much more being healthy.