The ketogenic diet is one of the best ways to build muscle while staying and looking lean.
All you have to do is implement these five principles:
- Train hard enough to give your muscles the stimulus to grow. The best way to do this for ketogenic dieters is by following a 5×5 workout program with a mixture of compound and isolated movements.
- Consume enough protein to fuel your body and build muscle. Ideally, this means eating around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight daily.
- Eat the right amount of calories to achieve your ideal body composition. Use our keto calculator to find out what this means for you.
- Optimize your hormones by following a sleep, meditation, and workout schedule.
- Drink plenty of water with unprocessed salt every day.
These five principles are all you need to get the best results. If you want to boost your results even further, there are plenty of keto-friendly supplements you can take.
To learn about the science of building muscle in more detail with specific suggestions and supplements that apply to you, check out our comprehensive guide to bodybuilding on the ketogenic diet.