Vegetables are a staple with almost every meal in my house. I love them, I love their taste, and I love the textures they can bring to a dish. The crunchiness, the freshness, and the flavor they can bring compliment almost any dish if used correctly.
On a ketogenic diet, many people are afraid to get their vegetables in. Sure, they have quite a big number of carbs in, but they also have a lot of fiber. Normally a lot of vegetables should have a small enough net carb amount to supplement into your diet. Vegetables aren’t just flavorful, though, they are also full of micronutrients. These micronutrients are needed for our body. Although you can get these micronutrients from organ meat, I just can’t find organ meat around me that’s good quality. So, I’ll take the vegetables any day over what I have available to me.
This delicious combination of vegetables not only brings the big fresh flavors you want, but also the texture. There’s soft, there’s crunchy, there’s even seeds in there to keep you guessing with every single bite you take out of it. A vegetable medley at it’s best – give it a try and let me know what you think!
Yields 4 Total Servings of Vegetable Medley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 240 g baby bella mushrooms
- 115 g broccoli
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 90 g bell pepper
- 90 g spinach
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Start by prepping all your vegetables. Slice the 115g broccoli into bite size florets. Chop the 90g bell pepper in strips and then chop the strips down. If you’re not using pre-sliced mushrooms, make sure to slice your 240g mushrooms here also.
2. Add 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil to a wok and bring to hot heat.
3. Once oil is hot, add garlic and let it cook for 1 minute.
4. Once garlic starts to brown, add mushrooms and stir together.
5. Once the mushrooms have soaked up most of the oil, add broccoli and mix everything together well.
6. Add 100g Sugar Snap Peas to the mixture and stir well.
7. Add your peppers to the dish and stir it up well. You want the peppers to still be a bit crunchy by the time you finish.
8. Add all of your seasoning: 1 tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes. Taste here and add more spices if you want.
9. Add 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds and stir them into the vegetables.
10. Once the vegetables are cooked, put 90g spinach on top of the vegetables and let the steam wilt them down.
11. Once the spinach is wilted, mix everything together and serve!
This makes 4 total servings of vegetables, each serving being 235.5 Calories, 21.2g Fats, 6.37g Net Carbs, and 4.26g Protein.
|Delicious Vegetable Medley||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 tablespoons olive oil||716||81||0||0||0||0|
|240g baby bella mushrooms||53||0.84||9.29||3.1||6.19||5.06|
|100g sugar snap peas||42||0.2||7.55||2.6||4.95||2.74|
|90g bell pepper||18||0.15||4.18||1.5||2.68||0.77|
|2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds||36||1.55||4.3||1.5||2.8||1.48|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic||8||0.03||1.85||0.1||1.75||0.36|
|1 teaspoon pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.72|
|½ teaspoon red pepper flakes||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|