So the last few days I’ve really been craving oatmeal. I keep seeing oatmeal bars, cookies, porridge and the like on Pinterest and Facebook – and I wanted to join in on the fun…but not have any of the carbs to go along with it.
The second I put this in my mouth and started to chew, the texture wasn’t exactly the same as oatmeal – but the taste was pretty darn close! The mouth feel is very similar, and really nice while you’re chewing. The aftertaste even makes me think back to the days where I’d have oatmeal every day for breakfast.
If you’re a lover of chia pudding (heck, even if you’re not) this one is a must-try. You have breakfast for almost every day of the week, pre-made, to easily grab and quickly microwave before eating. You get a TON of food (really, this stuff fills you up quick) for the amount of macros, and it’s relatively nutrient dense. You can’t go wrong.
What would you change the flavors to? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Yields 6 Servings of Cinnamon Roll “Oatmeal”
- 1 cup Crushed Pecans
- 1/3 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower, riced (~ 3 oz.)
- 3 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Maple Flavor
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
- 3 tbsp. Erythritol, powdered
- 10-15 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/8 tsp. Xanthan Gum (optional)
1. Measure out chia seeds and 1/3 cup flax seeds (ground) and set aside.
2. Rice 1/2 cup of cauliflower in a food processor. Set aside for a moment.
3. Add 1 cup raw pecans to a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Make sure they’re not too small, because you want them to add texture to the dish.
4. Add pecans to a pan over low heat to toast.
5. In a saucepan, heat 3 1/2 cups coconut milk. Once warm, add cauliflower and continue to cook until it starts to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add your seasonings: 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. maple flavor, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp. Allspice
8. Add erythritol and 10-15 drops liquid stevia to the pan and stir in well.
10. Measure out 1/4 cup heavy cream, 3 tbsp. butter, and 3 oz. Cream Cheese.
11. Once your mixture is hot again, add the toasted pecans, cream, butter, and cream cheese. Mix together well. Here, you can add 1/8 tsp. xanthan gum if you would like it to be a bit thicker.
This makes 6 total servings of Cinnamon Roll “Oatmeal”. Each serving comes out to be 398 Calories, 37.7g Fats, 3.1g Net Carbs, and 8.8g Protein.
|Cinnamon Roll “Oatmeal”||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1 cup Crushed Pecans||840||84||16||8||8||12|
|1/3 cup Flax Seed||320||24||21||21||0||16|
|1/3 cup Chia Seed||320||24||27||27||0||16|
|1/2 cup Cauliflower, riced||21||0||5||2||3||2|
|3 1/2 cups Coconut Milk||158||16||7||4||3||0|
|1/4 cup Heavy Cream||200||24||1||0||1||1|
|3 oz. Cream Cheese||210||21||3||0||3||6|
|3 tbsp. Butter||300||33||0||0||0||0|
|1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon||9||0||3||2||1||0|
|1 tsp. Maple Flavor||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Vanilla||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Nutmeg||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Allspice||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /6 )||398.2||37.7||13.8||10.7||3.2||8.8|