Bread is something that most of us miss while on keto. From the simplicity of sandwiches, to the gourmet aspect of adding croutons to your soup – it’s an ingredient that is both versatile and easy to use. Today, we’re going to use Keto Cloud bread to make a delicious and super simple bacon, avocado, and chicken sandwich. It’s a little bit of a play on the classic BLT – made with more fat, more flavor, and the delicious texture you remember!
I’ve been a fan of Keto Cloud Bread ever since I did the Strawberry Shortcake recipe with them. They’re simple to make, don’t take too long, and are really versatile to keep around and stick pretty much anything on them. If you plan to make a large batch to save in the fridge or freezer, make sure you keep them neutral in sweetness/savory and leave out any additional ingredients besides the eggs and cream cheese.
Yields 2 servings of Bacon Avocado Sandwich
Keto Cloud Bread
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/8 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 slices Bacon
- 3 oz. Chicken
- 2 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 medium Avocado (about 2 oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Begin separating 3 eggs into to two clean, dry bowls.
2. Add cream fo tartar and salt to the whites. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until you see soft, foamy peaks form.
3. In the other bowl, combine 3 oz. of cubed cream cheese with the egg yolks and beat until a pale yellow color.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolks, half at a time.
5. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spoon about 1/4 cup of the keto cloud bread batter. This recipe makes 6 large keto cloud bread.
6. Using a spatula, press gently on tops of the keto cloud bread to form squares. Then sprinkle the tops with garlic powder and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. While the keto cloud bread are baking, cook the chicken and bacon with some salt and pepper.
8. To arrange the sandwich, begin by combining mayo and sriracha and spreading that onto the underside of one keto cloud bread. Add your chicken onto your mayo mixture.
9. Add 2 slices of pepper jack cheese and the bacon, nestle some halved grape tomatoes and spread mashed avocado on top. Season to taste, and top with the other keto cloud bread.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Bacon Avocado Sandwich. Each half comes out to be 361 Calories, 28.3g Fats, 2g Net Carbs, and 22g Protein.
|Bacon, Avocado & Chicken Sandwich||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 Cloud Bread Slices||180||15||1||0||1||9|
|1 tbsp. Mayonnaise||90||10||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Sriracha||5||0||1||0||1||0|
|2 slices Bacon||90||7||0||0||0||6|
|3 oz. Chicken||90||4.5||0||0||0||18|
|2 slices Pepperjack Cheese||160||12||0||0||0||10|
|2 Grape Tomatoes||12||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/4 Avocado (about 2 oz.)||95||8||5||4||1||1|