Constipation on keto diet

Hello i have started my keto 3 days back and since then i haven't passed stool once. Not even once. I am really worried now. I am taking 12+ glass of water daily 2cups spinach daily. But still i am suffering with constipation. Is it normal or i should be worried? Please help i am very tensed. Thank you.

Good morning, Sadia! I think MCT Oil should help you as I've always had issues with constipation until starting this way of eating. I have incorporated MCT Oil and I have not had any issues at all.

what is MCT oil and where would I purchase it

Quote Originally Posted by pdsgraves View Post
    what is MCT oil and where would I purchase it
    MCT oil is Medium Chain Triglycerides. Primarily derived from Coconuts. You can find it at Wal-Mart... or Online. Amazon isn't too bad.

HI Sadia, this is a common occurrence when doing Keto, but it is easy to manage, it just takes a little time and diet balance. MCT is great, and it will help things move along, but too much at once can have unpleasant effects (bloating, gas...etc) as well, you will want to introduce MCT slowly. I would suggest a simple laxative to get things moving again like Marilax and Philips Mike of Magnesia. The lack of carbs and fiber slow down the gut and most people get constipated.