Okay, so I know that this thing looks like a caked out version of the sorting hat from Harry Potter, but that definitely doesn’t take away from its deliciousness! You can’t really go wrong with a maple pecan mug cake…I mean a delicious, moist, and easy to make cake ready in under 1 minute? Count me in on that one!
Just in case you’ve missed out on the other two that were posted, you can check them out below:
To crush your pecans, it’s pretty easy. Just take a few pecans and put them in a plastic bag, then take your rolling pin to it like it’s got carbs. Not just carbs, pretend it’s a 100g carb piece of cake that is tempting you, really nail the suckers! Get them into small pieces so they’ll distribute all over the cake, giving you some pecan in each and every bite.
I absolutely had to put some of my homemade zero carb maple syrup on the top of this – and it was a definite winner! This thing tastes delicious, almost similar to that of the maple pecan portion in the dirty blondie pancakes that I guest posted over at IBIH.
Yields 1 Maple Pecan Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp. Crushed Pecans
- 1/2 tsp. Maple Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Get your mug ready! Wow, I have a lot of mugs 😉
3. Add 2 Tbsp. Room Temperature Butter, then mix together.
4. Add your spices and flavorings: 2 Tbsp. Crushed Pecans (I used a rolling pin to crush mine), 1/2 tsp. Maple Extract, and 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon. Mix this together well until everything is combined.
5. Microwave on high for 55 seconds (Power Level 10).
6. Turn the mug upside down and lightly bang it onto a plate. It should completely come out of the mug. Optional: Top with homemade maple syrup and some extra pecans.
Per the mug cake, you’re looking at 433 Calories, 44g Fats, 3.2g Net Carbs, and 10g Protein. You can easily split this into 2 portions for dessert for 2 days, or…to share – but who are we kidding, we’re not sharing this deliciousness!
|Maple Pecan Keto Mug Cake||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 Tbsp. Butter||200||22||0||0||0||0|
|2 Tbsp. Almond Flour||80||7||3||2||1||3|
|2 Tbsp. Crushed Pecans||80||9||2||1||1||1|
|1/2 tsp. Baking Powder||1||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|1/2 tsp. Maple Extract||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cinnamon||1||0||0||0||0||0|