That warm feeling your body is engulfed in when you take a long draw of that sweet hot cocoa during winter. That warm feeling is indescribable, comforting, and just a treat in itself.
Today we’re going to make a simple, quick hot cocoa that is creamy, delicious, and will force you to sit back and relax on a cold winter night.
Yields 2 servings.
PREPARE THE SUPPLIES!
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Instant Coffee
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda
CMON, LET’S GET COOKIN’!
1. Gather all your supplies together, this one will be pretty quick.
2. Put 1 1/2 Cup of coconut milk and 2 Tbsp. of heavy cream in a saucepan and turn it to medium heat.
3. Measure out your cinnamon and instant coffee.
4. Wait until your milk mixture starts to steam.
5. Add your cinnamon and coffee, and stir it in well.
6. Add your 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder.
7. Add your vanilla and Splenda and stir everything together to ensure no lumps.
8. Turn the heat to high, consistently stirring, and wait until it comes to a rolling boil.
9. Once it hits a boil, turn your heat to low and continue to stir your hot chocolate.
10. Once the hot chocolate cools down, you should see a shiny, rich consistency to it. It’s finished!
11. This makes 2 servings, so grab 2 mugs and serve it out. Or, save a cup for yourself for later
This makes 2 servings, each being: 103 Calories, 9g Fats, 3g Net Carbs, and 1g Protein.
|Creamy Low Carb Hot Chocolate||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk||75||7||3||2||1||0|
|2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream||102||10||2||0||2||0|
|2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||20||1||6||4||2||2|
|1 tsp. Instant Coffee||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Cinnamon||3||0||1||1||0||0|
|1 Tbsp. Splenda||0||0||1||0||1||0|